Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ol' Ray

I am extreamly excited about today. I am going to see one of the greatest artist of all time.

I'm not kidding when I say that I love him.

Let me tell you a story....In May of 2006 I went to Martha's Vineyard to waitress just for the summer. Well life happened and by the end of the summer I decided not to go back to law school. Que in my first quarter life crisis. Now, for the first time ever, I didn't know what to do with my life. So I did what any person would do and I went to Aboveground Records. Aboveground Records is a really hip local record store. And here I was, just a measly summer worker, trying to be cool. So I stroll up to the counter and ask the counter guy to suggest an artist that sounds similar to Jack Johnson. So lame! Everybody and their mother was listing to Jack by then and it was basically like asking to recommend and artist similar to Britney Spears. But low and behold, he pulls out the following CD. And my life has never been the same. Not only does Ray remind me of the storybook beginning of APM, but also, my first fall on Martha's Vineyard. The best season on the vineyard. The locals come out of their hiding places and enjoy the vineyard again. 2 for 1 meal deals actually exist and bon fires are all the rage. It's really just all blissful memories when I listen to him. He was my soundtrack of late 2006.

I have since bought all of his CD's(And I mean the actual CD, I haven't been able to catch on to only buying the MP3), and I think you should too.









All photos courtesy of RayLamontagne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment