Friday, November 6, 2009

Cooking Attempt: Coconut Macaroons

Yesterday was my boss' birthday. And in my office, birthdays mean desserts. No doubt about it, on someones birthday there will always be cookies, cupcakes, or candy. In an attempt to make something I was sure my boss would like, I made something she always eats from Au Bon Pain. Chocolate Covered Cranberry Macaroons. I took a recipe from Ina Garten and mixed it with a recipe from Food Network and made some darn good macaroons.
Like I've said in a previous post, cooking is not my specialty. I am attempting all these recipes with no promise of success. Also, with every cooking adventure I will share a cooking tip that I discovered in the process. Sometimes these cooking tips are common sense, but there has to be someone else out there that didn't know these tips, because I sure enough didn't.

Check out those peaks

The after pictures haven't been turning out that great. But I promise these were good.

***Cooking Tip: Wax paper and parchment paper are NOT the same thing. I repeat, NOT the same thing. I made this mistake. That's why the recipe makes 32 macaroons and I ended up with only 16. The other 16 were coated in wax paper.***

No comments:

Post a Comment