Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Parmesan Black Pepper Crackers

The other day I wanted to make something but didn't want to put too much effort into it. (isn't that awful?) In the meantime I saw this recipe on Cupcakes and Cashmere for Parmesan Black Pepper Crackers. Which linked me to this Food Network recipe. Which to my surprise, was crafted by Ina Garden. Who is quite possibly my favorite celebrity chef.
They were so simple to make and it was so neat to know that I can actually make crackers. They were very light, almost a shortbread texture, and absolutely delicious. Also, Emily at Cupcakes and Cashmere suggested adding a few drops of water and buttering the baking tray. Both things I tried and both things I also suggest. I took them over to my well experienced cooking friend Kelly, and she even liked them too!
(I know it's awful that I used dried thyme instead of fresh thyme, but hey we're in a recession.)

No comments:

Post a Comment