Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fat Kid: Part 2

APM and I had a long glorious and glutenous Thanksgiving weekend. It all started with a beautiful flower that crossed the great Atlantic Ocean to get to me (or is it just Nantucket Sound?) From Chilmark, MA I present a hydrangea :)


We started the weekend with bread pudding from Pie in the Sky. No Photo available, however, it was delicious. But here is a photo of the bakery.


We then traveled to Whole Foods to get ingredients for Wild-Mushroom Bread Pudding. And guess who we saw?! Steve Tyler! Freaking Steve Tyler! I WISH I took a picture. I always feel stupid taking pictures of celebrities in their normal life, but now I wish I had a photo of me and Steve hanging out in Whole Foods. Oh well, he's only a memory now...


Next was dinner at Salsa's in Southie. No picture available. But please go just for their sangria.


Thanksgiving morning started with fresh toasted ciabatta bread, raspberry preserve, local honey, fresh blackberries, parmesan cheese and espresso. (sometimes I pretend we're french)

Then we had a Thanksgiving feast. And I didn't take a single picture! All that food and no proof of it. I need to step up my blogger game.

Friday was a long lazy day. A lot of laying around doing nothing. Very relaxing.
Saturday we got up early and drove down to Martha's Vineyard. It is absolutely beautiful this time of year. Few cars and only your favorite people.
I spent a few hours Saturday afternoon with Eniko. She is hands down one of my favorite people. We could chat for hours if life allowed us. She has taught me so much and I'm sure many other life lessons will come of our friendship (as well as more Spiked Cider and Pumpkin Pie we had on Saturday.)

Sunday morning was spent at my favorite brunch restaurant. Park Corner Bistro. I'm a little partial to this place because I worked here for a while, but Jesse really is an amazing chef and I love everything he cooks up. And as the owner/chef he really makes you feel welcome in his restaurant.


APM had the Eggs Benedict.

And I had Papas Platos with a side of Bloody Mary. In case you don't know, Papas Platos is a pile of fried potatoes, fresh guacamole, sour cream, caramelized onions, grilled bacon, fresh pico de gallo, and two eggs, any way you like them. a.k.a. heaven. And his Bloody Marys are The Best I have ever had. I'm not a big fan of this morning cocktail, but Jesse's recipe is health in a glass. A couple hours and a couple Nutty Irishmen later, we left Park Corner Bistro and stopped by Offshore Ale House where our friend was working. By some miracle APM was hungry again. And Offshore offers some of the best pizza on the island. Our favorite is the Potato Pizza. Basically potato skins on pizza dough.
I put this pic in because if you look really close you can see the St. Germain glass I got from Jesse. Watch out St. Germain, your stock just went up.
Offshore is a brewing company so I guess we'll show one of their bottled beers.
After this weekend, I will be eating this meal every. single. day. Butter optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment