Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 7*

Chicago
We hit the town running. APM and I started the day with Denise and my new friend Hajar, at Lou Malnatis for traditional Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. I'm not usually a fan of incredibly thick crust, but this place changed my mind. The pizza was fantastic. We had the Malnati Chicago Classic with the butter crust, delicious and highly recommended for your next visit to Chi-town.
We continued on to Hipsterville-AKA Wicker Park. We started the adventure with a quick wine tasting at a wine store, which lead to us purchasing two bottles of wine, which meant we had to now go to a BYOB.

Which lead to an italian restaurant just for dessert. But we ended up working backwards, starting the course with cannoli's, tiramisu, and chocolate semifreddo, then ending the meal with fried calamari.

Next was Crocodile Chicago. Where we had more pizza and a round of classic PBR with a lemon. (Thanks to my friend Lindsey's suggestion)

Which then lead to an improv comedy show downstairs. This was my first very intimate Improv show. I felt like I was watching the beginning of up and comers, getting their start in comedy town, Chicago.

Then we finished the night at Moonshine Wicker Park. It ended up being a very long and spontaneous day, which can only bring good things. I made a great friend and we got to see a great side of Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment