Wednesday, May 19, 2010

She got it from her Mama


My Mom has always said that in her past life she had to be from the Mediterranean, solely based on the fact that she loves their cuisine. Growing up I never realized that most 8 year olds did not eat tabboule, tahini sauce and use lemon juice in everything. Even Dr. Oz says that a Mediterranean diet is the healthiest diet out there.

So in her honor, and in my hunger, I made her version of sour cream. Approximately 1 cup plain yogurt, juice of one lemon, pinch of salt, and my added touch, fresh mint. All you have to do is mix it up and walla, a dead ringer for sour cream in an a lot healthier form.


Now because I often cook for one, my grocery shopping is limited. So since I started with sour cream, I had to find something else that would go with it. And why not sweet potatoes?
(I promise, promise its really good.)

Toast up some pita bread, and i have a meal, or a really big snack.
(Here's a tip, the first time I made this I used regular ol' Plain yogurt, none of that fat free stuff, and I have to say that that batch was a lot better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment