Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Where did my memory go?


Lately my short term memory has been shot! I hate writing that because some say I'm just putting negative thoughts into the universe, but really it has been happening A LOT. I've even loaded up on my Ginkgo Biloba pills in hopes for a quick recovery.

The point of this rant is to say that I missed a forum last night at Harvard Business School because of my memory. The forum topic was not what interested me, but the forum speakers.
Micheal Kors and Anna Wintor!
Did I really forget to go see these people!!?? Michael Kors is only BFF with Heidi Klum on Project Runway. And Anna Wintor only runs the entire fashion world! (The woman who The Devil Wears Prada is based on.)

The forum was super hard to get into, and somehow, with my name on a waiting list, I got a seat. And I missed it. I missed it. I complained out loud for about 20 minutes but its really been festering for a good 24 hours now. OMG.
Dear Memory,
I'm a little mad at you right now, but please come back.
Love, Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Crap! I would be SOOOOOOO upset right now! In fact I am upset even though I had no chance of attending - I'm upset for you -and for me, because now you can't blog about how it was and I can't ask you what Ann Winter was wearing. What was the topic? -Hard to console you on this one. All I can say is that my friend Cynthia compensates for this very common ailment by leaving herself posts at the end of her kitchen counter -right by the door she enters & exists the house from. I write everything on the calendar, but then, of course, I have to remember to actually LOOK at the calendar! -And truthfully, I took the calendar down the other day for some important reason that, of course, I can not remember at the moment & have totally misplaced it. So young lady, you are not alone with short-term memory challenges, but we both need to come up with strategies to compensate. For inspiration, I recommend that you watch one of my favorite movies, "Momento".

    ReplyDelete